Tis’ the season to host holiday guests! I personally don’t have any visitors coming the rest of this month but the past few months we’ve hosted quite a bit — you know, everyone wants to visit when you have an adorable baby :) Below are 10 tips to get your home ready for visitors this holiday season!
- Splurge on luxe linens and pillows for the bed, make it feel like a hotel experience. We have Crane & Canopy bedding in our guest room and everyone always says how much they love it!
- Leave a spare key for your guests.
- Write down the wifi password and put it in your guest room.
- Stock up on magazines and books, cozy throws, slippers and 2 simple bathrobes for the guest room.
- Keep a water carafe and 2 glasses for the bedside table — remember to fill it each day.
- Fresh flowers go a long way.
- Keep a basket on the dresser with travel size toiletries that you’ve collected from your travels — or picked up at the travel section of Target (so many great, affordable options!)
- Write down some of your favorite local spots to eat, drink, shop and walk.
- Sneak into the guest room before bedtime and turn down the covers — bonus if you leave a chocolate on the pillows!
- Clear out an area in the closet and be sure there are several hangers for guest’s use!
Image by Krista A. Jones