I’m excited to finally share the easy DIY advent calendar I made this year for the girls!!! In the past I’ve gone all out buying little treats for each day, but to be honest we have so many junk toys I just wanted to keep it simple with CANDY. So each bag has a little treat – I got these “No Whey” Christmas chocolates for Flora which I can’t wait for her to try!
Various adornments to add on (I used: Felt balls (from this shop on Etsy, they came very quickly & Amazon also has a lot), Jingle Bells, this star garland which I cut, Santa hats & Tinsel Yarn)
Needle & Thin Thread
- Fill your bags with treats or candy or holiday activities written on a piece of paper!
- Make decorations for each bag, or every other bag. I used a needle and thread to thread felt balls, stars, jingle bells and just tied them onto the bags.
- Use the drawstring to close up the bags and use a fabric marker to number each one.
- Hang your garland – it’s much easier to tie the bags on once it’s hanging! I bought a pre-made garland but you can really tie these little bags onto anything! I liked using it because the beads acted as spacers to keep the bags from ending up on top of each other. A felt ball garland from Amazon or Etsy would be really cute, too!
- Gently tie the bags on spacing them out. I hung some longer and some shorter to give it variety!