Starting the new year I typically have a few major goals I’d like to achieve — like buying a house, and streamlining my businesses — along with several more attainable resolutions.One of the most important of these smaller goals is to make the most out of my mornings with Piper (i.e. less screen time). I’ve become seriously addicted to grabbing my phone first thing when I wake up, then spend more time on it while I nurse her – and so I’ve made an effort to concentrate more on our time together and all I can accomplish with less screen time.
I love to bake but rarely find the time for it anymore. With my new morning routine, I’ve been getting up an hour before Piper to give myself a little “me” time while I sip my coffee (undistracted by my phone) and have been trying out new recipes — everything from brownies with black beans (miss) to these lightened up Coffee Cake Muffins — definite hit. I’ve partnered with Truvia Natural Sweetener to share this recipe today.
I’m always trying to find ways to eat less sugar and have less sweet treats on hand in our house. Truvia Natural Sweetener offers that sweet taste you crave with a lot less — no sugar, no calories – and its sweetness comes from the stevia leaf which means it’s natural. When trying to come up with some healthier breakfast treats that I can grab & go I decided to try out Truvia Baking Blend which is a blend of sugar and Truvia Natural Sweetener so it’s 75% fewer calories than using regular sugar! I honestly couldn’t tell a difference in this recipe and will definitely be reaching for it as a sugar substitute in more recipes this winter.
Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins
¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
½ cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp salt
¼ cake coconut butter spread
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
¼ cup coconut butter spread (at room temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup milk
1 cup of blueberries
- Line a 12 cup muffin sheet with liners. Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients, crumbling with your fingers or a fork until all of the coconut spread is incorporated.
- In a medium size bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon until combined.
- In a large bowl beat together coconut butter spread and Truvia Baking Blend until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat. Add milk and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries. Be careful not to over stir.
- Spoon into muffin sheet.
- Top with crumble — pushing into the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*This post is sponsored by Truvia Natural Sweetener. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep this site running!
Check out Truvia Natural Sweetner for yourself with a free sample.
Images by Anna Reynal
Good recipe. These muffins looks yummy. I’m always looking for snacks that don’t require sugar.