Today kicks off the first in a series of ‘best baby toys’ – I asked the mamas in The Mama Notes Facebook Community (join for free here) to share their favorite baby toys for this age group. I love when you get a lot of similar responses! I’ve also included Flora’s favorites right now and a few that we have ordered. This is such a fun baby stage!
- Comotomo Teether: This was suggested by several moms and Flora also really likes it!
- Winkle Rattle: Another favorite of Piper’s, I’d say this is Flora’s favorite toy at the moment. She loves to hold it and chew it and will reach for it and try to roll over to get it if she’s on the floor with it.
- Noggin Rattle: Somehow I missed the boat on this developmental rattle with both girls — but it looks really cool!
- Eric Carle Sensory Elephant : This was one of Piper’s favorite toys at this age and Flora just recently started loving the elephant too! I love to watch her just stare at it, but it has great sensory elements for grabbing etc.
- Oball: There are several versions of this toy suggested, we have something similar (not sure of the brand) but it was a hit when Piper started crawling.
- Discover & Play Blocks: I found these at HomeGoods and Flora has really loved playing with them recently, so many other moms suggested them, too!
- Baby Einstein Take Along Musical Toy: Another mama favorite! This toy plays classical music, lights up and has rings for playing with.
- Sassy Wheel Activity Center: Suggested by several mamas – looks cool!
- Baby Paper: Ok, this is genius!! Such a good baby shower gift!
- Freddy The Firefly: Great, colorful sensory toy! The peacock is also fun and we also just ordered this similar fish for Flora.
- Wee Gallery Art Cards For 0-12 Months: You’ll be surprised at how interested your baby is in these high contrast picture cards – they also make a great baby shower gift!
- Skip Hop 3 Stage Activity Center: We have this on the way for Flora and I can’t wait to use it! It also comes suggested by a friend whose 4 month old loves it.
Also worth mentioning are floor mats which we started using around 4 months– we LOVE our Little Nomad set and also have this Skip Hop set in our playroom!