Last week I gave Piper a little box of Halloween treats — it’s my favorite season after all and I can’t help but get excited to share it with her! It had a few books, mini pumpkins, 2 fall cookie cutters and a jar of her own pumpkin spice playdough. Since starting school in September Piper now LOVES to play with playdough, I didn’t realize quite how much until I gave this to her! The best part is that it smells like FALL!
I adapted this recipe here, and it still makes a ton! I put some in a glass Weck jar for Piper’s gift box and the rest in a freezer ziplock -but she loves her little jar and thinks it’s so special. I wrote out the recipe below and it it takes less than 10 minutes total. Today we are going to find some fall things from the yard to play with in the playdough (acorns, leaves etc.).
Pumpkin Spice Playdough
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 4 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 tbs of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cups of water
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot (starting with the dry and moving to the oil and lastly water).
- Add a few drops of food coloring if desired and stir to combine.
- Heat over a medium flame while stirring for about 5 minutes, or until it’s all combined and lump free.
- Remove from the heat, let slightly cool and knead on a floured surface until it’s no longer sticky.
- Store in a sealed container!