I’m a big fan of holiday and seasonal books and reading with Piper in general –and it’s a good thing she’s a total book lover, too! We have plenty of Christmas books (see all my top picks here) but only one Thanksgiving book in our collection! Piper’s at the age where she’s really starting to understand her books and I use them to teach her the meanings of these holidays, traditions and this time of year, concepts like gratitude and sharing. We are taking a visit to the library this week to see what’s left but I’m also ordering her a few new Thanksgiving books to add to our shelves that we can pull out every year.
- Biscuit Is Thankful: We haven’t read any of the Biscuit books yet but because Piper’s a dog lover I think she’ll love this story that reminds us to be thankful.
- Thanksgiving At The Tappleton’s: This classic looks like a fun story!
- I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Pie: A funny Thanksgiving feast story!
- Thanks For Thanksgiving: This book focuses on giving thanks and family.
- Sharing The Bread: This classic story is set at the turn of the 20th century and is a great way to teach children about Thanksgiving traditions.
- The Little Kids Table: A story about the best seat in the house where all the fun is had!
- Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving: Piper reads Pete The Cat books at school and I’ve been meaning to get a few to have at home!