Lately I’ve been on a clean beauty kick and I’ve spent countless hours researching natural beauty products to use for myself and Piper. After our recent trip to the beach I realized we really need a great sunscreen that lacks harsh chemicals but also works. I did a lot of research and these are the sunscreens ranked the best on the EWG database and recommended by moms. Like most baby products, I think it’s just a matter of trial and error to see what works best for your needs and family!
Best Natural Sunscreens For Kid & Baby
- Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream: This claims to be water resistant and was probably the most recommended by moms when researching.
- Kiss My Face Kids Mineral Sunscreen : One of the best rated for least harmful chemicals, though some say it is slightly greasy.
- Baby COOLA Sunscreen: Unscented for babies and kids that may have sensitive skin, it’s on the pricier side and can be thick to apply but it’s a well known and reputable brand.
- BeautyCounter Stick Sunscreen: Aside from Badger, BeautyCounter sunscreen came with many recommendations from other mamas. It also rates low on Skin Deep for chemicals
- Goddess Garden Organics Natural Sunscreen: This product is also free from synthetic fragrances, is water resistant for 80 minutes and is free of toxic chemicals. Some reviewers express difficulty with the spray bottle formula not spraying properly, so I’d stick with the cream formula.
- ThinkSport Kid Safe Sunscreen: Another really popular sunscreen in my research. It applies easily (we have it) and has a very low score for toxic chemicals.