This post is sponsored by ALDI.
As we head into the hectic back-to-school season one thing on my mind is coming up with simple dinners that are easy for myself or Austin to prepare. As you know, I’ve been meal planning for years and always create a menu for the week on Sunday. This really helps make our evenings run smoothly and you can bet that ALDI is where we stock up on affordable groceries every week! Today I’ve partnered with ALDI to share a very simple and delicious dinner idea that our entire family LOVES! Mini Meatball Subs!
The best part of this meal is that you can make the meatballs ahead of time, even the night before – and then it only takes a few minutes to come together at dinner time! Your kids will also love to help assemble the subs!
You can find all of the simple ingredients at ALDI and the best part? They are affordable! I use Instacart to order my groceries from ALDI frequently, but I do love going in-store to shop too, especially without my kids in tow :) I love that ALDI makes shopping efficient and quick. I can breeze in and out in record time and know that the shelves won’t overwhelm me with multiple options for each product I need. ALDI keeps it simple, offering the best options at the best prices!
Ok now back to the meatballs…. This recipe is EASY, simple & tasty. First you bake meatballs in the oven, no pan-frying needed. I use beef but you can easily swap ground turkey! My meatballs are egg-free and chock full of veggies like zucchini and spinach! Then you pop the most delicious brioche buns into the oven, smother the meatballs in a flavorful marinara and top with loads of cheese!
Serving Size: Makes 6 subs
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 lb Simply Nature 100% Grass-fed Ground Beef
2 cups Happy Farms Mozzarella, shredded
1 handful Simply Nature Baby Spinach, thinly sliced
1 cup of grated zucchini
2 tbs of ketchup
Salt & pepper
Brioche Hot Dog Buns
2 cups Priano Tomato Basil Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine beef, shredded zucchini, sliced spinach, ketchup, ½ cup shredded mozzarella and a pinch of salt & pepper in a glass bowl. Mix with your hands to combine.
- Roll into 1tbs size balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until they are full cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile arrange brioche buns on a baking sheet. Rub the inside of each roll with butter.
- Broil the rolls for 1 minute or until your desired crisp level has been achieved.
- Remove from the oven and add the meatballs, cover with sauce and top with shredded cheese.
- Return to the broiler until and broil until the cheese is melted, watching closely so they do not burn.