Today I thought I’d share my running list of products to get before our baby arrives in December- items I need to re-stock and loved using with Piper and new products that I really want to try this time around. Do you have any suggestions? It’s been two years since I was in the infant world :) I’ve slowly been trying to stock up so I don’t have to get everything at once and my first boxes from Amazon arrived last night!
- WildBird Ring Sling: We have a Solly wrap which I like, but this time around I also want to try a ring sling. I know baby wearing is going to be key with #2. WildBird has so many beautiful colors, I ordered the Cassin color (now sold out) and it’s so pretty!
- Car Seat Cover: I always talked about getting one of these for Piper and never did, since this baby will be born in the winter I definietly need one!
- 2nd Video Monitor: We’ll need a dual room monitor for our babes, and luckily our Infant Optics Monitor (which we love) has an option to just add another camera! I’m so happy we don’t have to set up and purchase a whole second system.
- My Breast Friend Nursing Pillow: I’m really excited to try this pillow out, the Boppy didn’t really work for me until Piper was much older and I’ve heard so many great things about this one!
- Dock-A-Tot: Hands down, the product I’m most excited to try. I think it was just becoming popular in the US market when Piper was an infant. I know so many moms that swear by them and I really hope we have the same luck!
- MORE Bibs + Burp Cloths: We had no where near enough last time and I plan on stocking up on my favorite Burt’s Bees cloth diapers because they are so soft.
- Swaddles: I saved all our swaddle blankets but will be getting two more of our very favorites — Swaddle Me and Miracle Swaddle Blanket.
- Changing Pad Covers: To this day we only have ONE cover for our changing pad, I mean – why have I not purchased more? It gets dirty every few days and ends up uncovered half the time Definietly picking up at least a few more for baby #2!
- Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail: We went cheap with Piper’s diaper pail and this time we are going to invest in the Ubbi, the fact that it uses normal trash bags is reason alone to get it!
- Gathre Mat : This is another product I’m really excited to have in the house as our baby gets older and can lay, do tummy time, roll etc. These leather mats are so beautiful and versatile. They also just released the most adorable bibs and scallop collection! My friend uses her micro Gathre mat on top of her changing pad since it wipes clean so easily and I think this genius!
- Roomy Diaper Bag For Dad: I recently got my husband this diaper bag as a birthday gift // for when we have two kids because it’s so roomy and has a ton of compartments. He loves it the wipe dispenser on the side and the insulated compartment for bottles.
- Soothies Pacifiers: I was hesitant to use the pacifier with Piper but it was life changing when we did and I’m so glad I gave it a try. I’ll most definietly have these stocked in the nursery!
- Diapers & Wipes: After trying just about everything on the market with Piper we are sticking with Pampers Swaddlers and Water Wipes for the first few months. We’ll also be doing a diaper subscription service this time (see my post about ALL the options here).
- Double Stroller: So I’m still on the fence about getting a double stroller but I’m thinking that we will. I have a lot of research to do still here, more on that to come!
Don’t forget about yourself: 19 Postpartum Essentials Every Mom Needs