I’m not too thrilled to include the words ‘dairy & soy free’ with this recipe but I’ve had to eliminate all dairy and soy from my diet because our pediatrician thinks that Piper may have a sensitivity. It’s been 2 weeks that I’ve been off and it wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have to cook everything. Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook and eat healthy, fresh meals but with a newborn at home and Austin back at work it’s honestly the last thing I feel like doing! Luckily my family has been spoiling us with meals which has been so helpful and I’ve got a few easy dishes to whip up — my latest fave is a BLT with tomato from our garden and avocado! Anyway – I needed a breakfast treat to enjoy with my coffee after I pump in the morning and found a recipe for coconut banana bread on The Baker Chick that I slightly adapted and it’s SO good. I don’t think I’ll ever make regular banana bread again! So moist and full of flavor, light but filling- the ideal nibble for your mornings!
Coconut Banana Bread (dairy & soy free)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (plus more for sprinkling on top of loaf)
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and whisk together.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and slowly stir into the wet ingredients, and gently mix until smooth. Fold in the yogurt, coconut, and bananas.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan- sprinkle the top with shredded coconut
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
*Recipe adapted from The Baker Chick