Last weekend I finally started getting out all of our baby gear to prep and clean for baby #3! Luckily we saved so much of it that I don’t have too much to purchase and I wanted to share it all with you in one place. There are a few new items on my wish list that I’ll share next week but for now I just wanted to share our tried & true products that we’ve loved in the past. Because of the current health crisis happening shipping on baby gear is majorly delayed, if you’re pregnant I would highly recommend placing orders sooner rather than later, in general I’ve found most items are taking about a month to ship.
I’ve shared all of my postpartum favorites HERE and my breastfeeding favorites HERE (both of these posts will be updated in the next week)! And you may want to check out my 3rd Trimester Checklist here!
- Infant Optics Video Monitor : We’ve been using this monitor for FIVE years now! We’ve had to replace some parts but overall highly suggest it as being worth the investment. We added a second camera when we had Flora and can easily toggle between the two rooms. We also have the Nanit which I love for the newborn phase, but you have to use your phone as the monitor which I didn’t love, we’ll probably set that up for the first few months though!
- SwaddleMe Sleep Sack: Hands down the best swaddles for newborn life, if you’ve been a follower for a while you will know my love for these! There’s nothing else we’ll even attempt this time for the first few months and then I have favorites for the subsequent swaddling stages :) I laugh when I think about us struggling to use swaddle blankets when Piper was a newborn before we discovered the magic of SwaddleMe! I just ordered another 3 pack since they are taking a lot longer to ship right now.
- Avent Soothies Pacifier: Don’t mess with what works! We’ve used these with both the girls to help them sleep through the night early on and I have a stash waiting to be sterilized!
- Drohm Sound Machine: This is the sound machine we have in our bedroom and is highly suggested by infant sleep coaches as a favorite. We got another one to put in the nursery for when we start having baby nap in there.
- Halo Bassinet: We used the Halo for both girls and had much more success with Flora liking it. Several of my friends have borrowed ours and I just love how close it can get to your bed, that you can rock it with your hand and easily see through it.
- Blooming Lotus Bathtub: We’ve tried probably 8 baby bathtubs and this is our favorite for newborns, it’s so soft you don’t have to worry about them slipping and it keeps them warm. You can also just throw it into the wash to clean it which I love.
- Nose Frida: Another classic every parent should have on hand for life with a newborn.
- Burt’s Bess Burp Cloths: The softest, most durable and absorbent burp cloths. We still have some left from when Piper was an infant and have accumulated quite a few since then.
- Honest Bodywash : I love this gentle, unscented formula for infants.
- Graco Baby Swing: This swing is large and somewhat cumbersome but it’s been a tried & true baby essential with both of our newborns. Once you find a spot that you can tuck it out of the way it really is amazing – and has over 3k reviews on Amazon!!
- Solly Carrier: Similar to how many bathtubs we’ve tested, I’ve tested a TON of baby carriers. Solly is hands down my favorite for the newborn phase. I find them the easiest to put on by myself, love the soft fabric and how close baby is to you!
- Boppy: I like to have the Boppy pillow around to rest my baby on but like Brestfriend Nursing Pillow for nursing!
- Cloud Island Reverse Zipper Sleeper: Basically the only sleeper we put our babies in at night if we can help it. The reverse zipper makes diaper changes easy and we loved the built-in hand mittens for Flora who had eczema and was constantly scratching her face.
- NailFrida Clippers: These are the only nail clipper’s I’ve ever tried, they work so great for a nervous mom and I love that they come with a file, too. I use the file the first few months until I’m a bit more comfortable clipping!
- Dock-A-Tot : I’m sure you’ve heard rave reviews about the Dock-A-Tot and we loved using this lounger with Flora when she was an infant. It’s a great safe spot for baby to lay when an older sibling wants to interact with them.