Valentine’s Day is right around the corner… which means it’s an excuse to drink festive cocktails with your girlfriends or lover. I hope you enjoy these easy, colorful concoctions I came up with. The heart ice cubes are my favorite and would be so fun for a kids mocktail, too! Cheers to the weekend!
Maraschino Cherry Kiss Cocktail
1.5 ounces cherry vodka
1.5 ounces simple syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
4 maraschino cherries + more to garnish
1. In the bottom of a shaker or glass muddle cherries, simple syrup, lemon juice and vodka.
2. Pour into a tall glass and then add ice.
3. Top with soda water and garnish with a cherry.
Cherry Or Grapefruit French 75 Cocktail With Heart Ice Cubes
Plastic heart mold
1. 24 hours (or longer) before you want to serve your cocktails make your heart ice cubes! Fill a plastic heart mold with juice and freeze until solid. *My ice cubes were a little “melty” on the top, they never froze completely solid. I think you could remedy this by diluting the juice with water before freezing but I didn’t try. They still worked perfectly!
2. Pour 1 ounce of gin and a dash of simple syrup into each glass.
3. Top with champagne and a few ice cubes. I added a few cherry for color but you’d probably not want to mix these flavors.
Images by Anna Reynal