As you know I’m a bit oil obsessed and fall is the best time of year to use oils! Below are 10 fun ways to incorporate essential oils into your lives this fall – all based on my experience with Young Living oils. You can ready FAQ about oils grab your starter kit here and be sure to follow my oil Instagram account for more ideas!
- Make an DIY household cleaner that will not only remove all the toxins you’ve probably been spraying on your counters, but it will make your home smell like fall! I use my Thieves cleaning solution to make bottles of my cleaner (mix 1 capful with water and shake) but you can also make your own using this DIY recipe!
- Instead of burning fall candles which often can be loaded with chemicals that fill the air you breathe – make some yummy fall blends with your diffuser that benefit your body and smell just as good! Some of our favorite combos are: Clove, Nutmeg & Cinnamon Bark. Thieves + Orange. Northern Black Lights, Thieves & Frankincense. Cedarwood, Tangerine & Clove.
- Spray Thieves on your pumpkins to make them last longer after carving – and apply on the stems to the ones you don’t carve!
- Make your own PSL at home+ 1 cup milk (or non-dairy alternative)
+ 1.5 tbsp pumpkin puree
+ 1 shot of espresso or 4 oz of very strong coffee
+ 1 tsp honey or agave
+ 1 drop of Thieves Vitality essential oilCombine milk, pumpkin, and espresso in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir often, until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat, add the honey or agave, and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Add 1 drop of thieves vitality essential oil, and stir thoroughly. Pour into a cup, top with whipped cream and enjoy :)
- Ward off those back to school germs with a wellness roller. Combine 10 drops Thieves, 3 drops Lemon and top with a carrier oil. For kids combine 3 drops Thieves, 1 drop Lemon and top with a carrier oil. Apply on the bottoms of your feet or spine morning and night.
- Make pumpkin spice play dough!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 4 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 drop Clove, 1 drop Thieves, 1 drop Orange
- 2 cups of water
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot (starting with the dry and moving to the oil and lastly water).
- Add a few drops of food coloring if desired and stir to combine.
- Heat over a medium flame while stirring for about 5 minutes, or until it’s all combined and lump free.
- Remove from the heat, add essential oils, let slightly cool and knead on a floured surface until it’s no longer sticky.
- Store in a sealed container!
- Fighting off your first cold of the season? Apply a drop of Raven (comes in the starter kit) to your pillow before bed. Sleep well, breathe well! Really stuffed up? Apply a few drops of Eucalyptus Radiata in the corner of your shower, let the hot water run and enjoy a sauna like experience at home and open up those sinuses.
- Make your own lip scrub to prevent chapped lips! 2 tbs brown sugar, 1tbs coconut oil + 5 drops Orange essential oil
- Make scented pinecones !
- All this Halloween stuff too scary for your kids? Make a Spooky Spray for them to keep at their bedside and spray whenever they feel scared to ward off monsters and boogie men. Use an easy-to-spray bottle and add 3 drops lavender, 2 drops tangerine. Top with water and shake!
Any suggestions made on this blog and Instagram are very specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. If you are currently on medication, please do not stop.